Prepare Your Home For Winter
While people need homes, our homes also need us to attend to them for cleaning, maintenance, and protection from the changing weather conditions that deteriorate them.
Here are the tasks you need to do now to prepare your home for the coming cold months.
- Check heating and air conditioning if they need to be serviced and the filters need changing
- Insulate walls and floors by carpets or rugs
- Clear out the gutters of obstruction
- Protect water pipes with insulation sleeves
- Seal the windows
- Clean your fireplace and stock up firewood
- Paint and caulk exterior wood
- Check your drainage
- Repair roof leaks
- Check your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors if they are working and have good batteries
- Shut down exterior water systems and drain outside hoses
- Clean your garage and bring the winter necessities in front like shovels and snow blowers
Act now before you feel the cold shoulders, and protect your most treasured investment—your home. Contact us for plumbing and heating servicing needs. We will be one with you in preparing your home for the coming winter season.